2017 Registration Meetings ~ February 2, 2017
Registration meetings will be held for parents on Thursday, February 2, 2017. The meeting will offer important information regarding preparation for prek/kindergarten. The locations and times of the meetings are as follows:
Alward, Bauer, Forest Grove, Georgetown, Jamestown Lower, Park - 7:00 p.m.
South -10:00 a.m. or 7:00 p.m.
Information will be the same at each time/location so you are welcome to attend the time that works best for you. If you attend in another location, please drop off the registration form at your attendance area building.
If you are unsure of what building your child will attend, call Robin at 616-669-1740, ext. 1.
Registration forms include a place for parents to indicate their placement preference (prekindergarten or kindergarten). If undecided, the building principal will contact parent to schedule a screening.
~ Full day/every day kindergarten (all buildings)
~ Full day/every day prekindergarten (north and south end elementary school locations TBD)
All kindergarten placement requests will be honored. Prekindergarten placement requests will be honored based on section availability. If sections fill, preference will be given to students with birth dates between September 1-December 1.
Parents will be notified of placement decision by May 31, 2017. Information about future orientation meetings will be included in the notification letter.
After attending the registration meeting, parents who remain uncertain about placement and desire additional information to help guide the decision can request a screening by contacting their building secretary. Screening is recommended for students with birth dates after June 1, and required for students with birth dates after September 1. Screening will be held in each elementary building in February. The teacher will provide a summary of the child’s readiness skills following screening.
Pre-Kindergarten/Kindergarten Enrollment Forms
Please fill out the forms below and return the completed information to your attendance area building:
- PK/K Registration Form
- Provide a birth certificate (must be certified with a raised seal). We will make a copy of it for our records.
- Provide photo proof of identity of parent/guardian who is enrolling
- Provide proof of residency (i.e. utility bill, tax statement, house buy/sell agreement, lease agreement)
- Health Appraisal Form which includes dates of immunizations and hearing and vision screening. This information must be completed no later than August 18, 2017.
- Waiver Request for students with birth dates between September 2 - December 1, 2012.
- Internet Use Authorization Form *Please read Student Acceptable Use Policy prior to signing.
- Equipment Use Authorization
- Concussion Awareness Acknowledgement Form (only the 2nd page needs to be submitted.)
- Family-School Compact Form
For more information on the elementary curriculum, visit our curriculum site: